Access Google+ Without an Invite
As you may know, Google+ recently had its big launch within the past day or so. It's been receiving so much attention, Google was forced to disable invites for the time being. I was lucky enough to get in before the barricades were set in place, however. It was only a few minutes ago when I inadvertently discovered a back door into Google's new social network. I cannot guarantee this will work as of post, but it's worth a shot.
Getting around the barricades can sound tricky, but it's actually pretty basic. To do so, follow these steps:
- View your "Circles" page.
- Click "Add a new person" to add someone to your circle.
- Select your person from the list. If they are not appearing, simply input their email address.
- Add the person to your circle. After doing so, go to "Home" where you can view the stream.
- Compose a new post, but make sure the box is checked next to "Also email..."
- Click "Share" and you're set. Now the person will see the post in their inbox, which will grant them access to Google+.
Don't ask me how this works, because I have no idea. I just know it does – for now. If anything is unclear, let me know and I'll try to help. As you may realize, someone does need a Google+ account in order for this work, so it's not a complete workaround. Chances are good you know someone with an account, though.